SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steph2000

Seeking votes/opinions - Uppers on BS Window and Sink Wall

steph2000
10 years ago

I'm trying to tweak the final details here on layout and separate out some of the little dilemmas (that feel huge) while I continue to grapple with KD and cabinet dilemmas.

As some of you know, I already have a BS window installed. It travels the entire length of my cabinet run, basically, until reaching the fridge area (stay tuned for another dilemma there).

I need at least 2 functional uppers on that wall - one for the glasses and one for dishware.

Because the sink is also going to be basically centered on that wall, I went from having uppers straight across to lifting it up over the sink area with 3 18" box cabinets. If I go with glass in them as pictured, they won't have mullions as shown in this pic:

However, I've been going over earlier layouts, meetings with KD's and inspiration pics that have BS windows and I started to doubt myself. (Funny how if you do this long enough, you often end up full circle where you started as you consider options)

I started wondering if it just looks cleaner and makes more visual sense to go with uppers straight across the window. I'm not sure how to make that work in terms of sizes to use if I go that way, as I would probably want them to look basically the same size all the way across? It would also require a lower profile faucet, as you can see.

Here's basically what that would look like:

Which do you think works better with my space, both visually and functionally? Any and all votes, feedback and suggestions welcome.

Comments (83)