SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aigredoux

I messed up my ceiling color, I think

Butternut
8 years ago

When I moved into my house, the family room was painted a dark cardboard brown, and the ceiling and trim were yellow. It's taken me this long find the right colors and paint the room. I ended up with a custom trim color that matches what is in the rest of the house, and a SW color match of F&B "Ringwold Ground" for the walls.

Here is what it looked like when I painted the walls but not the ceiling:

So I found some cheap painters to paint the ceiling. They were very hard to schedule and didn't tell me until the night before that they were coming. I chose F&B "Tallow" for the ceiling color, but obviously didn't have time to order it so went to my local SW store to get it matched.

Of course, it was 5 pm the night before the painters were coming at 8 am and they just could not match Tallow. I was there (with 2 hungry little kids running around in a paint store) for over an hour while he tried 4 different bases and nothing was even close. So in exasperation, I just asked for the same color match of Ringwold Ground that was used on the walls.

Here is the result (sorry for the mess).

The paint is exactly the same color, from the same cans. I even took a paint brush and brushed the paint on both surfaces to prove to myself that it was the same color, just looking so much different on the ceiling.

Now I realize I should have had the store mix the paint at 50%. Does it look really terrible? I am not happy but I guess I will have to live with it. I feel pretty dumb though.

Comments (34)