SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susied

Fabricator cut stone before I could see

Susied3
8 years ago

My question is, is that normal? I told him, I texted him, I told the guy who came out and templated, showed him pictures and what I wanted, and asked himPLEASE tape it where you think would be a good cut and send me pictures or let me come see it. They both ASSURED me they would! There's a very large vein and I wanted to make SURE it was on the counter. At first, they thought I could get by with only one slab, but when I picked it out, it was a smaller slab and we had to go to two. They assured me that it wouldn't go to waste, I could do the bathroom, the laundry, and possibly even have enough for the pantry as well. BUT, turns out, he tells me there was only one way to cut, used every single bit of the two slabs and there's not even a scrap. I'm just sick. AND to top it ALL off, the VEIN I wanted? Two slabs? they couldn't incorporate it. For those of you who have been around for the past six years, you know how long I've waited for this. I found a thread from 2009 when I first saw pictures of soapstone and fell in love and started dreaming of having it. Now I'm so scared that it's going to be a nightmare. I just would like to know if this is normal, I thought you could show them.

Comments (22)