SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erin_robbins1

Emergency bathroom remodel, must make quick decisions

Erin Robbins
8 years ago

I am going to admit right now, snap decisions are not something I am good at. We however are in the midst of an unplanned partial remodel of our daughter's bathroom. The floor was cork and she spilled half a bottle of Listerine on it. The smell was choking us out of the house and after almost 2 weeks was not letting up. The plan was simply to replace the floor and reuse everything else, but of course with the corner cutting of the previous owner that didn't go as planned. We found extensive water damage and mold on the vanity cabinet, so it needs to be replaced.

We have demoed the bathroom and replaced the plywood subfloor with cement board. Next weekend, we hope to have the new tile in. It is a ceramic tile that looks like cherry. The only thing hubby will have an opinion on is no wood floors in wet areas.

I need to order a vanity ASAP, but honestly I am not doing well picking one. We repainted the bathroom a light taupey-gray. We are reusing everything else.

I have asked for the 13 yo daughter's opinion, but she is as bad as me. She says she wants rustic, then points out elaborate carved Victorian vanities. She wants wood, but then she wants black. We can go up to 48", but a 36" will work better. We need it to have storage (we are talking a teen girl here). The house is an 1887 "farmhouse" parts are Victorian, parts Craftsman. The rest of the house has a rustic/industrial/farmhouse feel.

The budget for this is coming out of my kitchen remodel funds, so I am hoping for cheap. I would like to have the vanity, counter and faucet for $1500 or less if possible. If we can get it all as an ensemble, even better since then I don't have to wait for installation.

I added a mood board with what we are putting back in and a few I am considering below. Please I need help fast.

Comments (13)