SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erin_robbins1

Bathroom vanity solution - is this a crazy idea?

Erin Robbins
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

You can see my original post here http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/3540207/emergency-bathroom-remodel-must-make-quick-decisions?n=13. I was not 100% in love with the options I found to replace my daughter's vanity and they were pricey. The other thing I didn't mention, this is an attic room and it has sloped ceilings with nothing on the attic wall. I always felt the bathroom was unbalanced because of this.

Those are the best before demo pictures I have of it, but there was several feet of blank wall with nothing.

My daughter has an old dresser we were thinking of getting rid of once we had a decent closet organization system in. What if I put in a pedestal sink and the dresser on that short attic access wall? Like this - sizes may not be accurate since I currently can't reach the dresser or toilet, but I am pretty sure there is enough space.

I will still need to get the sink and a new faucet, but won't have to buy the vanity, which should save some money and she still has space to store things.

Comments (11)