SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisychain01

Bathroom floor tile decision help, please

daisychain Zn3b
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Walls are going to be 4x8 white subways (or possibly 6x6 white but set in a running bond pattern like subways) But either way sort of a modern take on the white subway.

I have been dreaming of cement tile for this floor ever since I knew we would be re-doing it. However, it seems getting cement tile in my area is next to impossible. I just found a place that has tile that I love and will customize colour for me, but it is going to cost about $2000 for 30 sq ft (still waiting on an exact quote (a large part of that cost is shipping).

This is the cement tile. Not sure if the link will take you right to the pic. It is pic #20 or last pic on the first page in their gallery (the big blue and white swirly one on the wall).

cement tile option gallery pic #20

The other option is a small chiclet mosaic in a dark teal colour (possibly with a white border or other design in white). This would come in at about $700 (less if I don't do the white). This will also come in much faster. The cement tile will hold up the job for a few weeks.

teal chiclet tile

Should I give up the cement tile dream and just go with next best option?

Comments (29)