SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petra_gw

Bathroom remodel in a hurry - what would you do?

petra_gw
12 years ago

We just found out we have a slab leak (TX slab foundation). Yesterday, the plumbers informed us that they will have to rip out the bathtub and bathroom vanity in the master bathroom and tear down one of the bathroom walls in order to re-route the pipes.

We did a kitchen remodel this spring and though the bathroom (the original from 1982 when the house was built) badly needs to be redone, we were going to wait for a couple years to recover from the kitchen remodel.

But now, we have to remodel as quickly as possible as the bathroom will not be functional with everything torn out. We had planned to replace the bathtub with a shower stall, but nothing beyond that.

I have no idea re. tiles, vanity, mirrors, etc. I am afraid to pick stuff under pressure and then end up hating the end result. On the other hand, I agonized over every single part of the kitchen remodel and second-guessed every decision because we had lots of time to pick everything. Maybe it's better to be pressed for time and have to make fast decisions?

Has anyone here had to remodel a bathroom in a hurry and, if so, how did you go about it? I am thinking to just go to Lowe's or Home Depot, pick out stuff, and be done with it.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus