SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_777

My cat is very sick please help

sarah_777
8 years ago

Hello. My cat Wuji is very sick. He is my best friend and I don't want to loose him. I adopted him the day he was going to be put down and has been the best little cat ever since. He is only 2 years old, and a neutered male. About 3 weeks ago he stopped eating, threw up all day but he'd still drink. (From the tub, his favorite) I took him to the vet and they told me to wait a day to settle his stomach. Next day still wouldn't eat, I took him back in. They did blood work and took x-Rays. Blood work was all normal, x-Rays showed he was constipated. Vet gave us something to make him poop. Next day still didn't work and I felt time was of the Essenes so I took him back in. They gave me a cat enema, we gave it to him at home and it worked, he used his box. Wu still wouldn't eat so we took him back in. they gave us cyproheptadine it worked! A week went by and they said to take home off to see how he did and he relapsed to no eating food, sluggish, no interest in life. We put him back on the appetite stimulant and it now won't work at all. Vet said to give him prednisone, a steroid for he thinks it could be lymphoma. He said to continue to force feed him with the a/d cat food with a syringe and water. Vet said he'll test his bowel movement for pancreatitis although he doesn't think it is. I haven't been able to get a sample because Wu is not pooping. The one time he did last week the vet wasn't open and the sample grew too old for testing. I have tried everything under the sun to get him to eat on his own. So please if you guys have any suggestions of what I should do please let me know. Wu is only 2 years old, he's not old and I have only had him a year. I've had cats my whole life and have never had this happen before. I love him my little buddy.

Comments (34)