SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyssalea

Very sick Lipstick Vine... please help me revive!

lyssalea
15 years ago

I've had a lipstick vine for about two years now, and it has been absolutely beautiful and healthy for the majority of that time. A friend with a greener thumb than I suggested that I repot it in new soil this past summer, so I repotted it in the original hanging basket.

It seemed to do well until this past month or so when the leaves closest to the soil began to yellow, wrinkle and eventually turn brown and drop off. I know that lipstick vines don't need a lot of water, especially in winter, but it was really very dry when this started to occur. I've been cautiously giving it more water of late, but it's still deteriorating rapidly. I'm seeing bare spots at the edge of the pot, where before it had been full.

It's continuing to flower, though, even as leaves drop, so I'm very confused. The vines have also grown quite long with a few edging towards 4 feet, so perhaps it needs a trim. I just don't know, as I have a black thumb. Has anyone else experience this progression of wrinkling leaves that turn yellow then brown and drop off? I've grown far too fond of this plant to let it go without a fight!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths