SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
corie_hall

Lacanche Thanksgiving

Deck The Halls
8 years ago

Our first Thanksgiving dinner with our Lacanche Cluny 1400 and it preformed like a star!

We cooked a 14 lb turkey in the gas oven and it could have easily fit a much larger one as there was still plenty of room. In the electric oven I baked sweet potatoes and stuffing then moved them to the warming oven. The second round was cauliflower with cheese and roast potatoes and carrots, which also moved to the warming oven once finished. Then came my husband's Yorkshire pudding which were put in after we pulled out the turkey. The fruit crisp went in the electric oven as we ate. On the range top, were potatoes for mashing, gravy, brussels sprouts and fresh cranberry sauce.

Everything that was ready and needed to be kept warm was put in the warming oven till the Yorkshire pudding ready and the turkey had finished resting. I was shocked at how much it held!

This was the smoothest and most pleasant Thanksgiving meal we've every prepared and we do it every year for at least six people. This year we cooked for seven people, but had enough for at least fifteen; so plenty of leftovers. Everything was warm when it was served and there was no juggling the burners trying to keep everything hot.

Clean up for the range and ovens was a breeze as well. I like not having the self-cleaning ovens because I think it is so much easier to clean them up after each meal than it ever was to use the self cleaning setting which still had to be wiped down and never seemed to fully get the burned on stuff off.

Before we finished building I had seriously considered getting a wall oven for just this sort of meal. After yesterday's experience, I'm pleased I decided against it.

Everyday, I'm more and more pleased with my decision to buy the Lacanche! If you are considering one, I would highly recommend it!

Comments (20)