SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenwthrop

Lacanche kitchen nightmare

Jennifer W
7 years ago

My kitchen saga has unfortunately taken a turn for the worse. After my husband and I started in on our light kitchen remodel things snowballed into a complete remodel which I had been patiently waiting to use and show off to our family this past holiday season. I can’t believe how quickly things went from bad to worse!

My oven was having issues leading up to Thanksgiving but I was assured it would be fixed. They sent out a service man and even though I expressed my concern that it was not fixed properly, I was told it was ok to use. That was obviously not the case seeing how thanksgiving day, my turkey was barely cooked after 4 hours. I wanted to cry having to finished our turkey on the bbq. After two more service men coming out telling me two different things, I didn't want to relive the same experience for christmas so we made some backup plans.

Fast forward to today and I have an expensive paperweight in my kitchen. Half of the burners don't work, and even when they did they burnt everything. The oven and the warmer never have matched what I set them to. I’m at the end of my rope. Needless to say we will be redoing counters and cabinets this spring making this purchase even more expensive then we originally planned.

I worried about picking the perfect stove for so long, going back and forth with our designer to make sure we got everything right in my dream kitchen. Agonizing over burner and trim options only to feel like I wasted so much time, and apparently a lot of money too. I have heard some people who love their Lacanche with only a few bad eggs that I figured were just being picky. Hence why I took the plunge in buying one. Everyone assured me how great it would be, or for me to give it time to get used to. I have never needed more then a few days to get used to an oven.

I don't like to have to threaten to air my dirty laundry to get a company to come through, but I gave them so many chances to make this right. I didn't rip apart my kitchen and put in the best of the best only to have to worry every time I go to cook.

Comments (18)