SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baileyhannah8

Question from an Aloe Vera Newbie

baileyhannah8
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm new to owning an aloe vera plant and i have a question about the one I got yesterday.

I bought the pictured Aloe at Lowe's yesterday. It looked to be in great shape with full, healthy leaves. I placed it in a 6" terra cotta pot with a saucer and set it on my SW facing windowsill once I got home.

It looked great this morning, but I realized halfway through the day that the soil was completely dried, so I decided to go ahead and water it (I know they don't need to be watered too often). However, just a few hours later I went back to my room and saw that one of the leaves looked like it had broken (pictured below). I know for sure that nothing physically caused this, as nothing around it could have touched it.

So here are my two questions:

1. What could have caused this? I noticed it didn't happen until after watering it, so did that cause it to snap?

2. What do I do with this leaf now? I don't really need to use the gel for anything right now, but do I still need to cut it off so it will regrow, and if so how do I do this?

Thanks so much for any help and for putting up with my newbie questions!

*pics in comment section

Comments (6)