SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrspete

Stages 45 and a Kitchen Aid pop-up?

8 years ago

If you're tired of me asking piddly small questions, it's okay to tell me to shut up and go away. I'm a high school teacher. It won't be the meanest thing ever said to me; in fact, it won't even be the meanest thing said to me today.

But, on to my question:

I'm sold on the Kohler Stages 45, and I just had a new thought today. Could a pop-up mixer cabinet be placed under the drain side? I've not seen anyone make this choice, and I'm wondering if it's a possibility ... and if it's a wise choice. Very open to thoughts.

Trying to answer the question for myself, I've been perusing photographs, and here's what I've found ...

First, this one looks like it'd be impossible -- seems like the straight arms would be problematic:

But this one looks like the X-shaped arms would be a bit lower, and that might allow for the space necessary for the dish drain -- isn't that copper Kitchen Aid lovely?

Different topic: I see that different varieties of "arms" exist. Is one superior to the other?

And this is possibly the big winner. This one has a drawer above the mixer pop-up, so it seems to me it could clearly contain the drain. I know this would make the mixer low, but since I'm 4'11", I'm okay with that.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Comments (4)