SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lawjedi

sink decisions morphing. super single vs. stages 45 (1 faucet? 2?)

lawjedi
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I have a super single silgranit already. My plan was to reuse it and have the fabricator do a drainboard. Drainboard pricing is $700 and fabricator, while willing, isn't enthusiastic. Dh is beginning to balk at carving a drainboard in leathered granite and then re-leathering the drainboard area. It does seem problematic and a fabricator's leathering probably won't match the quarry leathering.

Starting to think I might repurpose sink in the mudroom (wow, it's light years better than our cracked laundry sink) and go ahead with the stages sink.

Since the stages sink hasn't been planned all along, the cabinetry ordered isn't ideal, but it'll work. Sink cabinet 36" and the drainboard would be over a 24" 4 stack of drawers. I would switch my mental designations of the space. (I have island for prep and the area left of the sink for baking) I'm not sure how it switches storage around - I wanted those drawers for baking stuff, but I can't switch the cabs around. Sizing isn't interchangeable.

I have a double trash across the aisle in the island. I do want the trash in the island though. I am constantly sweeping crumbs into the trash.

Would you double up trash & put one under the sink as well? I'd rather have the storage space, but will I miss having trash RIGHT THERE in the midst of the prepping space?

Single faucet? Double faucet? I'm already stretching for the stages sink, so I KNOW I can't justify 2 Karbon faucets. I love the functionality of the karbon -- but like the idea of 2 people working... concurrent prep and clean up, kid #1 hand wash and kid#2 rinse and loading dw... My kitchen is transitional/traditional. Hardware is a mix of cup pulls and amerock revitalize. Oil rubbed bronze.

Would you choose 1 traditional pull out? 1 Karbon? or 2 traditional pull outs?

Or just put it all to bed and be happy with my silgranit single (& I am), and sorrowfully say goodbye to the drainboard idea... We can certainly just buy a cheap utility sink for the mudroom to replace the cracked one...

ugh. I thought I was done with all the decisions... Demo in 2 weeks.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County