SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

Faucets for kohler stages 45, old house

crl_
9 years ago

I'm still working out what to do for a sink and faucet(s). Our 1926 French Revival house has the more or less original kitchen. The sink run is not standard depth and can't be made standard depth without tearing out some original built ins that I want to keep.

My current thinking is to use the kohler stages 45 in a 48 inch cabinet and bump that section of the sink run out a couple of inches to allow room to install deck mounted faucets behind it.

(Other alternatives include wall mounting the faucet--also complicated because we want to install new windows and match the sill height of an existing window meaning just 4 inches of backsplash. And the wall mount faucet options are very limited with no pull out sprayers except the jaclo that dh dislikes. Or we could install one faucet on each side of the sink at the back corner--that seems to potentially present some plumbing challenges because the plumbing for the faucets would have to run through the same space as the dishwasher on one side).

I am thinking it makes the most sense to install one faucet centered on the whole sink. That would be "my" faucet. Then a second faucet on one side. That would be the washing hands, getting drinks faucet--thus serving one of the main functions of the huge sink which is to allow for the kids to do those things without disrupting my dinner preparations.

The sink will be the first thing anyone sees when entering the kitchen. And with the new bigger windows and the bump out, it will be something of a focal point. I'm not doing a period perfect kitchen (obviously) but I am going for a vintage feel. I need a sprayer that reaches the whole sink. And I'm not crazy about big high arch faucets. I know people love their karbons. But I'm not crazy about the look in my space and the price is awfully high. So I'd like to investigate other options.

It seems like the secondary faucet needs to be pretty small to look right? And the faucets need to have similar styling? Do the finishes need to match?

I have found a moen that might work--link below--and has a related prep faucet. I really like the idea of the kohler hi rise independent sprayer but I'm not seeing a coordinating kohler pullout faucet.

Suggestions? Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen weyland pull out faucet

Comments (14)