SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leekle2mane

Dear Florida Gardening Subscribers

Michael AKA Leekle2ManE
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I'm talking about the magazine and not the forums.

If you are a subscriber, you are likely aware that the magazine changed owners at the beginning of this year. When the announcement came out, I was optimistic and hopeful. I was perfectly willing to give the new owners a chance.

While I admit that the quality of the pictures have improved over this past year, I can't help but feel that the quality of the magazine overall has declined. The articles often feel mashed together and sometimes unfinished or disjointed. Too many times I seem to find myself wondering what the first half of an article has to do with the second. Where I once found lots of inspiration, I now find myself just going, "Ooh, pretty pictures. Next." Sometimes I don't even feel that.

Am I alone in this observation? I have another year (six issues) left on my current subscription and I am so hopeful I will find a reason to resubscribe, but right now I just don't see that happening.

Edit:

For example. One article in the latest issue starts by saying how a lady in her designer pants might not look like a gardener, but she really is. Then the rest of the article largely focuses more on how fortunate she has been to travel or have friends who have acquired knick-knacks from around the world than it does on the garden. There are a few good pictures of certain focal points, but you really don't get a sense of the garden's layout or how it all meshes together.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting