SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsb2006123

Are we on the right track? Front landscape

mrsb2006123
8 years ago

Hi! We are tweaking our front landscaping and overall curb appeal (talking with a designer now on possibly changing up paint colors on the home). I'm thinking about tearing out the shrubs closest to the house since I don't think they can be cut back below the windows without looking completely bare. Last spring we planted knockout roses along the front and boxwoods in front of those and along the sidewalk. Those have barely grown and look a little silly at the moment, but hoping they will take shape soon. Here's a photo of the home currently..

I did a little (terrible) editing to remove those shrubs and give more of a blank slate..

And then I painted the roses and boxwoods back in, adding in some cone shaped trees/shrubs where the old shrubs were before. There would be about 5-6 feet of blank space between the house and the roses (until they fill in some). There is a gradual curve to the beds and the mulch needs refreshing, so I painted that in, along with the columns being painted to match the awning which we plan to do soon as well.

Any thoughts? We are on the right track? Zone 9a. Open to suggestions on the cone shaped trees/shrubs if they look ok.. Thanks!

Comments (16)