SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boyurboy

Kitchen Design Help....please?

boyurboy
8 years ago

Hello to all! I am desperately hoping for help with designing our kitchen. My wife and I recently relocated from Ohio to Connecticut, and our new home is in need of de-1980's-ification. We have some constraints, the most major being that we do not want to move doors, windows, hvac, or plumbing. We are good with losing the soffits and with rewiring as needed, and we plan to remove the tile floor and replace with ... something.

We cook most of our meals each week, and my wife loves to bake. We do not have natural gas or propane here currently, so we are thinking about an induction cooktop (lusting after the Thermador freedom, but 4.5k is a bit steep for me...) and double wall ovens. We eat most meals in the dining room, so an eat-in area is not something we require. We thought about incorporating an island, and I did an Ikea layout that shows the general idea we had.

The space is 12'7" x 17'4", with 4 entryways and 2 windows, one of which is a series of double-hung which are only 29-30 inches off of the floor. I have done a drawing of the room floorplan (minus all current appliances and cabinets), and I will attach photos of the current look. Our refrigerator is new and is staying (Samsung RF261Bxxxx which is about 35.75 square including handles).

Any ideas at all are welcomed at this point. We will not start the project until after the holidays are over.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!