SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roselee_gw

Documenting a few things before they're gone ...

roselee z8b S.W. Texas
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

As we come to the end of summer a few things make their first appearance of the year.

Toad lily is one of the oddest of flowers, but I love the funny little thing ...

This Snapdragon vine took a while to reach the light and so the flowers are late.

Thanks to Patty for giving me the seeds to get it going again in my yard.

I thought the Baji fairy duster was done with its continual blooming for the year, but the recent rains rejuvenated it. It's covered with new foliage and buds ...

It freezes to the ground in winter, but returns to bloom all season in full sun and little water. I can't recommend this plant enough ...

This bougainvillea variety is new for me this year. It's thornless, has variegated foliage, new blooms are white and then turn bright pink. Along with the other bougies it will spend the winter in the greenhouse ...

But not before they put on a last big show ...

Drought tolerant Wooly bee bush will slow it's blooming, but remains evergreen through the winter. It's one of my favorite plants for easy growing and all summer flowering ...

This is one that won't go away. This large succulent given to me by Mara is named Fred Ives (I think) and is winter hardy ...

Yes, some things are going, but a few are just making their appearance like this cilantro to be enjoyed all winter. Larkspurs are also coming up in droves.

I would love to see what's going on in your gardens with this beautiful cool weather.

Happy fall gardening!

Comments (11)