SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yves19

Miele 5 yr warranty. Have you needed repairs? Not?

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I am replacing my Fisher Paykel Dish Drawers with a Miele Dimension. The FP have been a nightmare... They broke down multiple times after a year, and while I did the repairs myself, the last breakdown was above my skills and so many things were affected (valve, pump, bearings in the upper unit) that I decided that I was not going to have it serviced. I have been with only the bottom half drawer for over a year now and I am tired of it.

So I am buying a Miele Dimension because I've wanted a cutlery tray for a long time, and because that model allows me to put more tall wine glasses in it than the other dishwashers I looked at.

Given my bad experience with FP, I am actually considering paying an extra $249 for Miele's 5 year warranty. But my rational mind says extended warranties are not worth it... I figured I'd ask around to see who's needed repairs past 1 year on their Miele, and how much did that set them back, so I can maybe make a semi-rational decision?

If it matters, I am not worried about water hardness, we have a very soft water here (1.4 to 1.5 grains/gallon). I'm more worried about parts (valves, pumps, etc.) and circuit board breakages. It would be nice not to have to know the insides of my next dishwasher...

Comments (19)