SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jtcris

Issues with Sears Kenmore Elite Range. PLEASE HELP. Who do I contact?

jtcris
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My sister and I bought our parents a Kenmore Elite single-oven freestanding gas range (Model#79078413013, Serial#VF32266288) on June 15, 2013 as a gift along with a Kenmore Elite refrigerator. When buying the range we expressed that we wanted something that would withstand lots of use, cooking and obviously heat. Having a big family, someone is always cooking and making something.

We needed something durable that would last some time. Something we could count on, which is what I thought we were buying. It is now 2 1/2 years later but for a very long time now before the 2-year mark we have been having issues. We were very adamant about the type of appliance we wanted. We told them we wanted a powerful range that cooks well, fast and built for lots of use and that could withstand that use. The issues started with the gas burners not working or not turning on as quickly as they should. The gas burners do not turn on immediately at all, EVER and the ticking noise is very annoying, it takes awhile to get the burners started unless we resort to using a match. Did I mention the ticking noise that never goes away?

The heat from the burners are destroying and burning the stove/cook top (our once beautiful looking stove looks terrible), we expressed that we do lots of cooking, this shouldn’t be a problem nor should it be happening. Also, the silver metal trim on the top of the range (above the time display) has cracked it is deteriorating due to the heat exposure, and the glass plate for the button selection touchscreen menu looks terrible and grimy. These are just the few things we have noticed for the past 1-2 years. We haven't even owned the range for 3 years yet. Who knows what else can go wrong.

Even though we purchased the master protection plan as we do with all of our Sears appliances purchased we are told these are cosmetic issues and not covered which is LUDICROUS when you spend this much. When you spend this much money on an appliance you expect it to work for many years without issues. We expected something dependable, durable and long lasting. We've had none of these things

We keep being told all this is cosmetic but it is not fair that we have spent that much money on a range ($2500+) and all our other appliances purchased through Sears to not have someone take care of us. I definitely believe that Sears should fix and or replace all issues and parts or if not replace the whole range or buy it back and we can take our money elsewhere. Somewhere where our money is much more appreciated, where we are going to get our money's worth. We have purchased countless appliances through Sears during our lifetime, specifically from their Kenmore Elite line and currently own the above said range, Kenmore Elite; fridge, microwave, garbage disposal, dishwasher, washer and dryer.

So I’m sure that my frustration is very well warranted. We have spent much of our hard earned money at Sears. I don’t know how to go about this, what to do or who to contact.

Comment (1)