SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deb52899

Kenmore Elite range?

Debbi Branka
10 years ago

We are replacing our freestanding GE electric flat top range. I really wanted induction, but the new range must be white and Viking is the only induction in white. Viking is missing too many other features for me to be happy spending over $6k. (No clock or timer; my grandson could turn on the knobs; etc.) Anyway, I have given up on induction and gone to back to the flat top, which I have been perfectly happy with for 19 years. I would like a double oven. Most come with a warming drawer and we already have a warming drawer in our island. I got really excited about the Electrolux wave touch where the bottom drawer is actually an oven, the top is flat, comes in white, etc. Then my sales guy figured out that they discontinued the Wavetouch in white and now only the IQ comes in white (and a warming drawer, no 2nd oven). I was also, the JennAir flat top, single oven, warming drawer. Then found out that that also has been discontinued in white. Grrr! I found a white WaveTouch online. I'm not sure of the reputation of the company. But while searching, I found a Kenmore Elite which has a white flat top (the Electrolux Wavetouch cooktop is black, although the range is white), double same size ovens (not one small and one large), and BOTH ovens are convection! It has electronic controls instead of knobs (which I would like). It also has more watts than the Electrolux and JennAir. The only things it doesn't have are the ball bearing sliding oven racks (Electrolux) which I love and the blue oven interior (Electrolux) which I also love. My 20 year old fridge was a Kenmore. Our current garage fridge is a Kenmore. I used to like Kenmore's quality. But we bought a Kenmore Elite washer and dryer several years ago that was total junk. We now have GE. I've never purchased Kenmore since that washer/dryer problem. I'm scared by it. Anyone have any reviews or thoughts on this Kenmore Elite range: Sears Item# 02241112000 : Model# 41112 ? Thank you!

Comments (17)