SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
athensmomof3_gw

Need recommendations on a slide in electric (non induction) range

athensmomof3
12 years ago

My parents have a beach condo which caught fire Friday morning. Thankfully they were not there but their downstairs neighbor was. The fire was put out but there were some casualties, including their recently purchased Kenmore Elite range.

They are looking for a new range, smooth top (not induction - don't want to buy new cookware) that is dependable and that has an oven that heats quickly. The Kenmore was a disaster in that regard - it took forever to heat up and you would have to come in much earlier than you wanted to from the beach to turn it on . . . My mom really hated it so she is glad to see it go.

A few requirements:

1. must be electric smooth top

2. must be stainless steel

3. must be self cleaning

Other than that, all recommendations welcome. A fast oven preheat is a big bonus. The oven they are replacing had a warming drawer which they never used and do not need. They don't cook too much when they are there but need something that can bake lasagna and chicken breasts and heat french bread :)

I am attaching a link to the oven they had below. The biggest problem was the preheat time - which was FOREVER.

As far as price range goes, I would think around 2k or perhaps a little more. These are close to 70 year old non chefs and a second home so nothing elaborate is needed :)

http://www.kenmore.com/shc/s/p_10154_12604_02241073000P?vName=Kenmore&cName=Cooktops%2C+Ranges+%26+Ovens&sName=Slide-In+Ranges&keyword=slide+in+range&prdNo=8&blockNo=8&blockType=L8

Comments (6)