SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okinawan

Kenmore Elite Induction Ranges...oven compare

okinawan
15 years ago

Okay, I'm building a house and decided that my big splurge was going to be the new Kenmore Elite Induction range....I went to Sears tonight, all ready to buy. The price is definitely a splurge, but I keep thinking that the induction will be a great thing, especially since where I'm building is "off the grid" and having gas means that I would have to have a giant tank in my yard...so induction is a compromise of sorts.

Anyway, I had decided on the slide-in, more for looks than anything. The extra couple hundred bucks seemed a bit silly, but I like the look and I had talked myself into it.... UNTIL...I was at Sears and started looking at the two different models (the Kenmore Elite "Free-standing" range and the "Slide-in" range) and then opened the ovens, only to realize the slide-in range has a smaller oven (is this common??). The Free-standing range has a 5.8 cubic ft. oven and the slide-in has a 4.2 cubic ft. oven.!

Right now they are on sale, but still I would be paying over $200 more for the smaller oven, just because of the slide-in feature...

I do bake and love to bake often, especially at the holidays.

Is it common to have a smaller oven w/ a slide-in? This is all new to me and I'm a widow...so I'm doing all of this solo.... I just want to make sure I'm spending my $$ wisely.

Is a slide-in range that big of a deal? I mean for re-sale (which keeps coming up, every time I ask anyone for advice...)??

I still don't know which one I'm getting.

Comment (1)