SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

Weekend Menu help

bbstx
8 years ago

We are having 2 other couples stay with us for the weekend. They are older folks. One couple still runs regularly; the other exercises regularly in their home gym. Both are generally pretty healthy eaters, although they are not rabid about it. Here is my menu for the weekend. I need a critique, please

Friday

Breakfast: various cold cereals (they are all BIG cereal eaters), fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee

Lunch: out

Snack: mixed nuts and Goldfish or cheese straws

Dinner: out

Saturday

Breakfast: various cold cereals and oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee

Brunch/lunch: game day buffet at a friend's house (probably lots of things like sliders, boiled shrimp, pasta salad, etc)

Snacks while game watching: Hummus w/ veggies and pita chips; blue cheese spread with Trader Joe Rosemary Raisin crisps; nuts; and DH's traditional gametime M&Ms; DO I NEED ONE MORE THING? (We will have just had a lot of food at the brunch/lunch buffet)

Dinner at home: Seafood gumbo; baguette - Do I need a salad since we will have been noshing on raw veggies all afternoon?

Dessert: lemon squares

Sunday

Late breakfast: Sweet Potato Hash with Sausage and Eggs, needs something to go with it. More fruit?

Then everyone leaves.

Aren't I lucky that I'm having to prepare so few meals? Between eating out and being entertained by others, this is a fairly easy weekend.

Comments (20)