SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
farmboy1_gw

Getting Two cats to Get Along in the Same HOuse

farmboy1
8 years ago

Snicker's is a 12 year old male Siamese that I rescued about 4 years ago. Snicker's had previously lived with another cat. He came to live with me and a female Siamese, MuShu who passed on at 17 last year. Snickers got along well with the older and more dominant Mushu and they usually slept together and hung out together, etc.

After several months, I came across a female Siamese that needed a new home. She has always been an only cat. I brought her home and kept her in a upstairs bedroom to acclimate her to her new surroundings and smells. She bonded with me right away.

Snickers was curious about the new arrival, but didn't make a fuss. As I tried to have them meet each other after a week, they didn't seem to get along too easily. Snickers would approach and she wasn't friendly. Time passsed, and she didn't seem to warm up to him. A couple times he managed to sneak into her part of the house, and it ended up with her hiding and him sitting out in public.

From what I've seen, Snickers is aggressively interested, but not so much in attacking. It seems like he is more interested in wanting to do what boy cats want to do with girl cats rather than attack, but both are fixed. And she doesn't seem to be interested and tries to fight off his advances.Qroam throughout the house whenever they want, and cuddle up with me on the sofa and bed too.

Any suggestions on how to get them to start getting along after almost two months of this?

Comments (6)