SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cornsnake_girl

Cat not getting along with mom and sister

cornsnake_girl
10 years ago

Over two years ago I rescued a pregnant cat, Amy. She had 5 kittens. I successfully adopted all 5 out to friends, but the two females adopted together had to be returned after 2 years due to my friend's allergies. It took Cub and Joey about 3 weeks to settle in and trust us, but Cub is a hateful cat towards Amy, Joey and our other cat, Minnie LaRue. My friend said that Joey and Cub never really did get along in the 2 years she had them, and Cub likes to chase the other cats off the bed, off the couch, terrorizing them any way she can. She also really wants to go outside, something I am against, living in a subdivision, but I can tell she has a lot of wildcat in her, and that need to be free and run. Amy and Joey are perfectly happy indoors.

I have tried to find her a home on a farm where she would be safer from the dangers of our area (coyotes and birds of prey) since we have block walls in our yard which the coyotes walk along all the time. We had a jackrabbit killed by a coyote a while back in the backyard, and if the rabbit couldn't make it I doubt Cub could.

She is so happy when she is cuddling with us, but if another cat is on the scene it is one big cat fight.

I don't want to drug her, but if that is what it takes then I would be willing to look into kitty Xanax, and I wanted opinions on letting her be free to roam the neighborhood but always be able to come home, something I really oppose but I don't want a house of miserable, scared cats, they all deserve to be happy and secure.

Any thoughts?

This post was edited by cornsnakelover on Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 23:33

Comments (13)