SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
owlnsr

recommendation for replacement mower?

owlnsr
8 years ago

Last June, I picked up the base model walk behind mower at Lowes, Troy Bilt 110TB w/ Briggs Stratton engine. You get what you pay for. Every few months, something goes wrong and I lose a day/weekend of mowing until I can fix this temperamental thing. I follow the best practices for mower maintenance recommended by the manufacturer. im pretty sure it has rubber and plastic inside that the 10% ethanol gasoline (the only thing I can get around in my area of Virginia) is eroding.

Today, it decided to be difficult and wouldn't run. I've had it.

I am going to Lowes in the morning to pickup a new air filter and maybe some carb cleaner in an effort to get this thing going for the rest of the season....but I will also be eyeballing the replacement. (Thinking of next season already)

I would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for a walk behind? I'm looking at something in the $250-350 range.

i don't care about self driving, electric start, etc. or other bells and whistles. I'm not opposed to those features, but it's not on a must have / want to have list.

I just want a solid, reliable gas powered mower; 3-in-1 (mulch, bag, shoot), with a 20+ inch width.

Any suggestions?

Comments (20)