SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erin5884

Our starting plans - would love thoughts and suggestions

E K
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Here are our starting plans, which we would like to make changes to as set forth below:

(link to interior pics below, too)

I would love to hear some thoughts of others, as this designing is sort of outside my expertise. Things we would like to change or are just tossing around in our heads as possibilities:

*we don't need the second master suite,but do need another bedroom, so would be open to putting a BR/BA back there.

*we have a large family and I love to cook and have lots of small appliances, so need more pantry space/closet space for broom, vacuum, etc.

*this plan's laundry area is virtually non-existent - wondered about making the red "living" room into a laundry/project/mud room - would it be strange to have a bedroom back there off of the laundry room though?

*would like to expand the great room by a couple of feet.

*we have seen lots of plans with the "media" room (which we have called a keeping room) off the corner of the house at an angle - not sure if that is practical here or not.

*would like to have a larger garage since we have a large vehicle, but not sure if it will look right.

*would it look right to have the cabinets extend all the way over along the wall to the "media room?" (this plan currently has a little built-in desk there.)

Here is a link to the interior pictures of the model of this layout if anyone is interested:

Interior pics

Thanks for taking the time to read this! :) Please chime in as I would love to hear thoughts, positive or negative.

Comments (9)