SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
auroraborelis

Signing off on our plans tomorrow, would love one last sanity che

auroraborelis
11 years ago

First off, let me say that you have all been incredibly helpful throughout the design process for our home, it has really helped us think out the space, what we need, what how we will use it.

Tomorrow we meet with our designer to sign off on the plans, and I was hoping to get one last round of critiques? We don't plan on changing any major items (such as room arrangement), I am more looking for general feedback regarding door swings, corners, or anything you think we may not have considered.

Since it has been awhile since my last post, a little about us, I am currently pregnant with our first child, and we hope to have one more. The baby will start out in Bedroom 2, and when I am over my separation anxiety he will move to one of the bedrooms at the other side of the house.

My designer doesn't provide drawings with measurements at this stage, so I've added them to the images below. I've also added some close up pictures of different sections of the plan so it would be easier to see.

My only real concern at this point is the bathtub, the space is a 7' alcove (looking into a private garden, a dream of mine!) and I plan to put in a 5'6" tub (though my DH keeps lobbying for a 6'. Will this comfortably fit?

Garage space and childrenâÂÂs rooms. The space in front of the rooms will have built in desks and a skylight will light that area.

The single car garage will be mainly used for a shop.

Dining Room/Great Room/Kitchen/Laundry/Mudroom area

We love this space, with windows on both sides allowing for a lot of light! Oh, and the front of the house faces West and we will have solar shades on the windows in the kitchen.

Also, I need to give thanks where it is due, bevangel and naf_naf suggested some fantastic arrangements for this space that I had never considered. It will now has better form and function than I ever would have been able to design on my own.

Pool bath, nursery/future guest room/exercise room/master suite. This area came together quite nicely, especially considering the original plan had the bedroom sharing a wall with the great room. The only thing that I am till uncertain about is if there is enough space around the tubâ¦.

Front Elevation

Rear Elevation

Initially, the upstairs and downstairs will be unfinished, in the long term downstairs will be a wine cellar, utility room, and media room, and upstairs a spare bedroom and bonus room.

Comments (20)