SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melanie_mueth

HELP! Am I making an expensive exterior mistake?

Metro East
8 years ago

Sorry for the re-post but I now have a different question. Yesterday I asked if changing my gutters to bronze was the wrong move. This was to match a new teratone/bronze (taupe or gray/brown) garage door. The feedback I'm hearing is that the whole color scheme isn't working, especially with the white vinyl windows which won't be replaced for awhile. (Note: I've been told to paint the brick. Maybe someday, not now)

I've put a hold on the gutters and can still change the garage door color but it has to be, like TODAY or tomorrow. I chose teratone because I thought it was a nice updated look and goes with the roof but had some worry that it will call attention to the garage doors (and stupid driveway) which already dominate the facade. Landscaping, with new walkway is going to be done this fall.

The garage door is ordered and I've made a deposit so no going back. What color should the door and trim be? The next lighter color is sandstone and that would also go with the roof.

Should I just paint the fascia on the 2 peaked rooflines and leave gutters/soffits as-is? HELP, GOING CRAZY! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! to anyone who can help.

Color Options

Current house (winter landscape)

New doors - but door style changed to next pic (windows still 3 pane)

With bronze gutters/fascia/garage door frame

terratone

Sandstone example

Comments (12)