SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
john_freeman29

Planning a landscape. Am I making mistakes? How much should it cost?

John Freeman
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I put together an album with some photos and descriptions of work I'm planning with the help of a landscaper. I don't know much about this stuff, so I'm worried I'm going to make a mistake (not going to achieve the effect I'm going for, or damage something) or get ripped off (I don't know how much this stuff is supposed to cost).

In addition to what's in the pictures, which includes planting one live oak, I've been offered three more live oaks (I want full shade coverage, if possible).

Also included is repair of my sprinkler system. It has 8 stations. I haven't counted every one, but around 25 - 30 heads (some rotating, some fixed). The landscaper would:

• Replace the broken heads
  • Cap off the ones I don't need any more. I already had them do one project where I asked them to remove a bunch of plants; those heads are no longer needed.
  • Install a special nozzle for my lime tree. He couldn't remember the name of it. anyone know what he might be talking about?

The total he quoted me for all this work, which includes:

• 4 30-gallon live oak trees
  • 5 (unspecified size; 3 gallon?) ligustrums
  • 6 (unspecified size; 10 gallon?) wax myrtles (I'm going to want to switch these with a cypress or juniper, but that change is not reflected in the quote yet)
  • 1 pallet of sod
  • an unspecified number of sprinkler heads

was $2750.

Would love any advice or estimates. Thanks in advance!

Comments (37)