SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donna_loomis

Newest member of the family

donna_loomis
8 years ago

Saturday I was out picking caterpillars off the passion vine (for some reason, they just love this plant and are destroying it this year) and I barely heard a little meow. I tried to ignore it, since I already have two adult fur babies and last month made semi-friends with a young (I'm guessing about 3-month old) feral and just brought her indoors a couple of weeks ago. But I kept hearing the mew and started looking around. DH came out to talk to me and joined the search. Found the little one at the center of my 6-foot diameter geranium bush. Just one kitten. Probably not abandoned, as I have heard that is actually more unlikely than most people realize. More likely is that Mama was in the process of moving the litter and either this was the first one moved or the last one waiting for the last leg of the journey. Either way, we decided that this lone baby had a better chance in our home than out on the streets. There are so many feral cats in our area. Our two 12-year old fur babies (litter mates) were also bottle-fed rescues and they are the sweetest cats I've ever had the privilege of sharing a home with. I estimate that the new baby is about three weeks old. Here is a picture of the baby with my oldest grandson. He got to feed her last night and was trying to burp her.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES