SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
csimmons222

Help with Selecting Bath Faucet and Shower Head

csimmons222
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I need some opinions on selecting bath / tub faucets. This is for the kids bath upstairs.

The bath vanity is 36" wide and will have a white rectangular sink set in the countertop. Below are pictures of the style of cabinets as well as a sample of the countertop / floor tile. The hardware on the cabinets are straight brushed nickel bars. The towel rack and toilet paper holder are also straight bars.

I will be using brushed nickel fixtures in this bath. Below are the faucets that I am considering. The second picture has the matching shower set with it.

IMO, the first faucet is too "square." Since the vanity and sink have hard angles and straight lines to them, I just think that this faucet may be too much. However, the wife seems to like this one.

The second one seems like a better fit to me. I think that the curves will break up the hard angles of the cabinets and sink. Also, the handles on the valves will match the straight bars of the cabinet hardware. In addition, I think that this will look good with curved shower curtain rod. However, I am not sure if the shower head and filler will look okay in a regular fiberglass shower / tub.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions. Also, if you have any other suggestions for a faucet and shower, I would love to hear them.

Comments (5)