SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emualde

Open floor plan and choosing paint!

Ste
8 years ago

Hello,

My husband and I just bought our first home and we are at a loss on the color to paint our living, dining and kitchen areas. They form an L and are all connected, I've been trying to find 3 different colors that go well together to delineate the space but I'm having so much trouble I've been toying with the idea of choosing just 1 color and then getting it one shade darker and 1 shade lighter to make 3 colors and even then I can't commit.

We have yet to purchase furniture so no need to match, we plan to go with darker colors and the shades and light fixtures in the pictures will change as well.

The hardest is that the kitchen (currently with green walls in the pics) has white cabinets with beige countertops and beige floor tiles so I don't want to go beige on the walls. I would love to have some grey but I'm having a hard time matching a grey to the countertops. Please see pictures of the countertops and spaces below. Would appreciate any help!Living room

Living room (beige-ish walls) leading to dining room (yellow walls) - (when you turn right it leads to the kitchen)

Kitchen

Countertops:

Comments (5)