SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sushaphr

Please help picking Fibrex windows for new construction

susha
8 years ago

Hello folks, my wife and I have a $20,000 budget to spend on windows for a ground up new build in the east bay area of California. They are about 35 windows in the 3000 sq ft home. Out of the 35, 4 are sliding glass doors. The rest are different sized single hung and picture windows.I am new to this site and have been trying to read the Windows Forum to get an understanding of different options out there. I have never shopped for windows before, so i don't have any knowledge about them. We are 6 months away from ordering windows and we want to make an educated decision later on by doing some research.

My architect is recommending Anderson 100 Fibrex for windows. So far, after pouring through the threads here, i find Marvin Integrity popup as the most recommended brand and widely received. If i have $20 K to spend, which brand should i pick? Marvin Integrity, Anderson 100 or Milgard Ultra? I know you get what you pay for and i just want to set my expectations correctly based on the budget.

I would really appreciate any feedback on suggesting which direction i should be going?

Comments (17)