SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onlytheclassy

More Newbies for the clueless family (zone 9b)

Mary
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My daughter and I went to the nursery close to home. We went to pick up some gritty mix, or I (ass)umed it would be gritty mix. While walking up a truck of plants was being delivered, so we decided to look at the cactus and various succulents. We spotted this really pretty little plant that turned out to be a haworthia, and decided we should bring it home. Then while following the resident raccoon to see what he was doing, we spotted something only labeled as jade, it was so interesting, and personally we decided cute. So we got it too! After finally getting what I blindly assumed was gritty mix, and a few terra cotta pots, and our newest family members we left. When we got unloaded and settled we started researching our new family members. The haworthia I am still not sure what type it is, the jade though is gollum (= cute little fella in a very odd way, Gollum is so fitting! Anyway I finally looked at the mix we got to discover it was just everyday cactus, and succlent soil. So my question is, should I go ahead and repot everyone into their new terra cotta homes with current new soil (pic attached) or wait until i can supplement the mix next week? Also if anyone knows the type haworthia I would love to name it (= before my 4yr old names it cutie too. She named her baby succulent "cutest awesomeness"...;), Another question after repotting how long before watering, automatically, or a few days, week? I had no idea how fun plants could be, but im definitely in love! These guys really have turned into members of our family! Thanks for any advice, or suggestions! I really enjoy this forum...i love how educated and thoughtful everyone is with the novice. Hope everyone has a great day!

Should I be concerned about the spots on this one, Gollum? :(

Comments (19)