SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovetogarden

Help me find a light greige exterior color!

lovetogarden
8 years ago

We are in the throes of "color picking" process. Our roof is dark slate and we have greenery around the house. We are hoping to find a light greige color for the body (think of BM Revere Pewter indoors), and white for the trims, but so far no luck...

I have tried several sample of BM and SW paints in the greige category. But most turned up looking pinkish, bluish or purplish. None of which we want. The only ones from our samples that stay true to its color are BM Gray Mirage and BM Horizon Gray (both are in the grey-green tones). BM Revere Pewter looked pinkish.

The front of our house (current color is BM Limesickle) faces East:

The South side:

The North and West sides of our house:

We tested the following colors, from top to bottom:

SW Pussywillow (look purplish on the east side of house, afraid it looks too dark a greige elsewhere)
BM Gray Mirage (consistent color on all sides of house)
BM Horizon Gray (consistent color on all sides)
BM Revere Pewter (look pinkish on all sides of the house)
BM Ozark Shadows (look purplish on all sides)
BM Coventry Gray (look bluish)
BM Sea Haze (look purplish)

After driving around looking for house colors that we like, I found this one (saw it in SF, and found out it is also featured on houzz.com here). The main color of the Cow Hollow house is BM Sandy Hook. However, on the sunny side of my house, that color looked reddish brown (thinkL Lincoln Log color). Not what I was hoping for.

Any tips or color suggestions we should be looking at that can give us a light greige color without looking reddish, pinkish, bluish or purplish colors?

Thanks so much!

Comments (4)