SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

least worst basic appliance brand

3katz4me
8 years ago

I'm moving to a new place that has original appliances - fifteen years old. I want to replace the electric smooth top range with gas and when I do that I'd kind of like to replace the rest of the appliances with something that matches the new range. I'm moving from a house where we did a high end kitchen remodel about 10 years ago with Wolf, Dacor, etc. and I've come to realize I can be just as happy with "lesser" appliances. So I just want something "average" but preferably the least, worst in terms of performance, DB level and reliability. I've looked at GE, Whirlpool and there's a ton of Samsung and LG but I just have a bad opinion of those brands though I'm not sure why. Something I've read I'm sure. I've actually had good luck with any Whirlpool appliances I've had over the years other than a KA range that the stainless steel finish went bad. Other than that range I haven't bought any Whirlpool appliances in recent years so they may not be any good now either. I really like the appearance of the GE slate color appliances but someone I work with had a lot of problems with their more expensive line of GE appliances. And if one goes south then I'm stuck with a mismatch because of that weird color. The place currently has black appliances and I think I would probably do the same if I didn't get the slate as I don't care for white or stainless.

So what do you think in terms of brand?

Comments (25)