SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkayd_il5

What would you have done?

jkayd_il5
8 years ago

Yesterday I went to the dentist. The waiting room has six chairs. A young couple was in the two chair against one wall. In the other four chairs sat an older couple with a chair between them. I sat down next to the woman. As soon as her husband was called into the office she starts to talk. Not it's a beautiful day or anything like that. She starts right out telling me about her surgery this summer and the long recovery etc. I'm usually a friendly and kind person however something about her voice and talking about all her health problems just rubbed me wrong. Finally I said I have had health problems too but life goes on.

Then she starts telling me about when her son was killed in a car accident and because he had no ID on him she had to describe him over the phone to the state police. I didn't say anything so she starts telling me about marrying her husband after they had both lost a sponse. I probably didn't say three things to her the whole time. When I was called in she said Well Good Luck kind of snarky,

This is still bothering me. I know I could have been friendlier I just was not in the mood to hear her life story. I feel a bit guilty I wasn't nicer. I probably handled this wrong.

Comments (44)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH