SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy_zeluff

DIY Budget Kitchen Refresh Reveal *9 photos

Kathy
8 years ago

My kitchen is 99% finished after a year and a half!! I still need to have an electrician come and fix my outlets and get a new light, and I want new interior doors, including the one for our pantry.

It has been a complete DIY by yours truly (including my backsplash!), except for my new counters and the new kitchen window!

I originally chose the colors I did because I was not going to replace our floor. However, I ended up replacing it anyway! I think it is much improved over what it was before. We moved the refrigerator to the other side of the kitchen and I added 2 new cabinets that I got from Habitat Rehome store and I built the little shelf below the 2 smaller cabinets that were above the fridge didn't look so odd. We love the added counter space as before we had none. I moved the 3 drawer base cabinet next to the fridge, put a shelf above it and that is our "coffee bar"! I had to replace the larger table with a smaller one because that holds the cat food so my dogs can't get it. The chairs are to keep the bigger dog from getting the bowl when we are not home (sometimes that doesn't work LOL)!

Details:

Replaced all the slab doors on my cabinets with Shaker Doors from Barker Door.

Added 2 cabinets next to stove, one is a Pot/Pan pull out, the other is a pantry pullout and replaced those doors as well and painted to match. (they were brand new and the 2 together only cost me $150!

New Hardware: Amerock Oil Rubbed Bronze on uppers, Satin Nickel on lowers

Uppers are painted BM Chantilly Lace

Lowers are painted BM Wrought Iron

Walls are BM Sweet Innocence

Counters: Wilsonart Laminate Italian White DiPesco with a crescent edge made from a local countertop guy and there is no seam in the corner which was important to me!

New Sink: Kraus KTM33 Stainless Steel 33" Drop In 50/50 Double Bowl 18 Gauge Stainless Steel

New Faucet: Delta Cicero Single Handle Pull-out sprayer in stainless

Backsplash is American Olean 4 x 4's in Starting Line White, Accent Tile is Merola Tile Crackle Square Azure Mix, grouted with Natural Grey Grout

New flooring: Trafficmaster Allure Vinyl Plank in Hickory

My fridge is only 3 years old and nothing special, but it's a Whirlpool.

And last, but not least and my most favorite thing of all!! My new stove! GE Electric Range with Double-Oven. It's not convection or anything, but I love the 2 ovens and the burner configuration is much improved over our last stove!!

So, that's basically it. I probably spent about $4K in all. I didn't keep track. I was working alot of overtime from June 14 till March 15, so I ordered things a little at a time as I could afford them. It's part of the reason why it took so long but part of the reason I went from just painting the cabinets to replacing the doors. It doesn't compare to most kitchens here, but we like it and it's a great improvement! Thanks for looking. Here are a couple of before and after photos. The before photos were taken after I started!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Comments (34)