SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pipdog_gw

Family room refresh reveal

Pipdog
10 years ago

We finally tackled our most used room in the house -- the family room. It's mostly done except for a few things, so I thought I'd share some photos. Here's how the room looked the day we moved in with a newborn and a toddler -- basically the room looked like an explosion of toys for 2 years.

Here's the after -- no more Romper Room!

We added horizontal shiplap to the large wall to create a beachy, lighter feel. The wall is painted BM White Dove to match the trim. The remaining walls are painted a diluted version of SW Sea Salt. It feels a lot lighter in there - getting rid of the green carpet made a huge difference. My thrift store golden peacock, who has been moving around my house for the last three years, found his home on that wall. I also found white curtains that I hung high over the french doors. I'm thinking about adding bamboo shades but not sure that I need them. I still need a cushion for the window seat and am hunting fabric. I found this chair on the side of the road today and plan to repaint and re-upholster it for the desk. What do you all think? I'm considering painting the desk a soft yellow and painting this chair white and putting some blue and white fabric on the cushion.

Comments (31)