SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Best cheese or box grater

Lars
8 years ago

I used to use my KA grater attachment for grating cheese, but lately I have been using an extremely old grater that is now considered vintage (or so I discovered when looking for images), and while it works, I would like to replace it with something newer. I am considering theMicroplane Box Grater, the Isabella Dora grater, theOxo box grater, and the Oxo two fold grater from BBB, which looks different fromthe same model from Amazon - they even have the same model number but differently shaped holes. I really like the two fold grater from BBB and think I may have to go to a store to see it in person, as the photo is different from the Amazon photo. I like that it folds flat and is easy to store, but I thought the Microplane box might be a better grater, although I would prefer not to have a box, as storage space is an issue for me.

If I am grating a huge quantity of cheese (which is rare - like when I make lasagna or ravioli), I use the FP, but I hate having to clean that, and mine (a Cuisinart) has a top that is especially difficult to clean, and the top should not go in the DW, I think. Anyway, I have found it much more convenient to grab a hand grater from my overhead rack, but I would like to get a new one that doesn't look 30 years old (mine might be older than that).

What is your favorite, and what do you think of the selections that I have made?

Comments (15)