SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sdaigle19

Foam rollers?

Northern Lady
8 years ago

First, let me state I live in a double wide mobile home. But as the walls are VOG (vinyl on gypsum) I consider the walls are the same either in my home or in a stick built home. Problem: the walls in some areas are not flat (either cheap or due to settling of the house); some are rather on the wavey side, In other words, not completely flat. I got a good view of this when I had to replace the wall corners that were horribly scratched by previous owner's cats. Some walls in the other rooms are the same but the wall that really bothers me is one in my around the fireplace in my living room (that I see every day) where the sun shines on it for quite a while and shows where either the middle roller painted or the edges of the roller did. ( I should mention that the paint is a pearl finish; I went with matte for the living room and kitchen.)

I have a little foam roller to go behind the flush and to get into smaller areas. Would a larger foam roller work better? I have only that one wall and quite a bit of the paint to use.

(This reminds me of my boss whose pregnant wife had become stuck between the flush and wall while painting. He couldn't stop laughing. She was not amused.)

Comments (3)