SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

The Princess makes pasta

annie1992
8 years ago

OK, so we broke my last pasta machine. It was a cheap one from Bed, Bath and Beyond which just fell apart and so I broke down and bought a good one, an Atlas. Not top of the line, but a lot better than BB&B!

I also bought a ravioli "press".....

The Princess went to work making the pasta dough. I finally told her she's gonna have to get in there with her hands to mix it well enough, so she did.

We ran the dough through the pasta machine on "0" a couple of times, then started making it thinner. We got to "6" before she decided it was thin enough and put it onto the press. Half was filled with ricotta and the other half with a mix of ricotta and roasted cherry tomatoes with onion, garlic and basil. Yummy by itself and yummy in ravioli!

Making pasta is messy business, but the pasta dough is well floured and didn't stick in the rollers, LOL. And close my cupboard doors. Sheesh.

Roll over the form and it cuts and seals the ravioli, then just cut them apart and you're good to go, or at least good enough to let them dry a little before cooking.

Somehow, I didn't get a picture of the ravioli after it was cooked, but it all got eaten promptly. I even made sauce, and I'm not Italian at all, but I had fresh tomatoes and fresh basil and fresh garlic and it turned out OK. At least everyone ate it except the Princess and I, who had our pasta with a sprinkle of parmesan and a little butter because she doesn't like sauce either. We had fresh green beans from the garden, pasta, garlic bread, meatballs. Nope, no pictures of that either, but you can see a purple bowl on the counter in one of those pictures, that is the meat mixture for Mama's Meatballs, which I made while the Princess was making ravioli.

I wonder what she'll want to make next, she thinks I have the best kitchen "toys" and she wants to use 'em all!

Annie

Comments (13)