SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joaniepoanie

My crazy decorating dream

joaniepoanie
8 years ago

Maybe once or twice a year I will remember a dream, but I remembered this one from last night. Maybe I'm on GW a little too much?....lol.

So, we're having a party and a crew shows up. Evidently DH decided we needed a little "updating." Out goes my DR furniture and in comes an old, French Provincial style pool table..is there such a thing? I go upstairs and the high-quality, perfectly good carpet has been ripped out of just our bedroom...nice jagged cut at the door. The only thing in the room is one of those Victorian style settees...the kind with the big medallion in the middle. It is a bad reproduction. The fabric is an ugly green and red...it looks like Christmas. Then, DH had what seemed like 50 individual teeny tiny shelves made and the upstairs hall is lined with them. Sitting on top of each one are old, floral teacups and saucers.

I become inconsolable and the kids rally around me to calm me down. Some time later the crew is back and they are carting out the settee....then I woke up.

DH and I both like more modern, clean lines so it made the dream even more bizarre. Wait until I tell him I almost divorced him last night.....over decor!

Comments (8)