SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jason_baez

Tips on keeping healthy a indoor Christmas Palm

Jason Baez
8 years ago

I know this is a stretch. And the nursery advised that the palm wouldn't last too long if it didn't have any direct sunlight. Unfortunately, there was nothing I could do to convince the other people that the plant would not strive here.

We have a 12' christmas palm located in the center of our office where it receives no direct sunlight, one of the vents of the AC hits directly one side of the palm and our office has to remain with the temperature around 75-77 because of the floating wood floors in the second level. (If humidity rises to much, the floors tend to contract and can separate from the click mechanism.)

This palm become an indoor plant no more than two weeks ago and I have already removed 4 brown branches from it. We already thought about taking the plant and putting it outside where it will survive, but before we make that call are there any special tips that we could try to save her inside?

I water Lucy (the palm's name) about 3 times a week with based on the recommendation from the nursery. The planter does not have irrigation system.

Comment