SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skeylargo

Arranging long, narrow, problematic LR

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We are making plans for remodeling the kitchen. Have received a lot of help from Kitchen forum and thanks to wonderful people there I am close to making decision on that part. However, when I re-do and relocate the kitchen and DR I will have a problem arranging furniture in our LR. Currently we use our LR as DR because it is so long and it functioned better as DR especially since current DR is so small.

This is our current house layout

I am considering one of two new layouts. This one would have more walls so maybe it would be easier to arrange furniture in LR? House_plan1

This one would be more open plan concept and would have enough room to put an island in the kitchen but I have no idea what I would do with furniture arrangement in LR. House_plan2

Kitchen would work well with either floor plan but I am worried about the LR arrangement again. I don't the new kitchen give me more headaches with LR so I am trying to figure it out before I make final decisions on kitchen . Any help, insight and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Comments (5)