SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sjerin

My Answer for Gazania--Oops, I ended up typing on the wrong page

sjerin
8 years ago

Gazania, the same thing happened to me in the beginning and I had to figure out what to do, with help from this board, of course. The important thing to remember is to: IGNORE THE BIG, STUPID BOX THAT TELLS YOU TO CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT. I'm so sorry to sound like I'm yelling, but I wanted to emphasize that.

Instead, go up to the right-hand corner and there is a small sign-in spot that you click on; that will bring to you a box where you actually sign in with your user name and password. I checked the box that says "keep me signed in" as I love this site. :) Do this every time you sign in, even if the big, stupid box is there, which of course you'll ignore.

That darned big box that asks you to confirm your account is the entire problem and I don't even see it anymore, maybe because I complained. Don't click on it at all, and ask the powers-that-be (Tamara?) to get rid of it for you. It's also very easy to change whatever name you want to be seen as when you go to "Your Houzz", then "Edit Profile". It is there that you can write whatever name you want and that is what WILL appear when you post. It doesn't matter whether anyone else has the same name or not.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert