SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trae_fitzgerald

Help me find a house plan based on the following needs:

T Fitz
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Okay I will try and be as thorough as possible. Need help identifying a plan that could fit our needs. Family of 4 which includes 2 year old and newborn. We are considering building a home on some property that was given to us. Property is just shy of an acre and in a great school district. We currently live in a 3 bed 2 bath that is 2,100 sq ft. We have really enjoyed the house. Here is our current house plan:

And here is how that house fits onto our new piece of land:

Mine is to the right. As you can see width of the house shouldn't be an issue. So with all the background out of the way here is our criteria for a good home plan:

-One story, maybe a bonus room above the garage.

-3 bed at least 2 baths maybe 2.5 baths. Small office/sewing room would be nice as well.

- Instead of garage entry in the front would prefer side entry. You can see in the google earth a drew a makeshift road that will be built.

-like to keep the cost in the $350k - $400k range. Would love the dining room, living room, and kitchen all open to each other.

-As far as the look of the house here is my wife's favorite one:

We really want a front porch.

-would like living area to have 12' ceilings at least but other than that would be willing to go 9' everywhere else to save on cost. If affordable maybe just master bedroom with a little higher ceiling.

-As you can see in the google image our back yard will have two beautiful hundred year old oak trees. Not a must, but utilizing the view of these would be taken into consideration as well.

-Since we like our floorplan now (except for the lack of an office and the wall separating the kitchen and living) I took a stab at altering our current house plans to fit the above criteria.

So thoughts on my adjustments or any home plans that meet our criteria? Is my budget realistic? Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this extremely long post!

Comments (4)